Thursday, November 25, 2010

'Jappy San Givi'

Hi everyone! For a more serious post on Thanksgiving, you can check out my other blog. The thing about having two different blogs, with two different themes and tones, is that when it comes to holidays, I feel like I'm supposed to write on both.

I must keep both audiences up to date! (That's assuming that anyone else except for my wife and a few of her good friends read this blog)

I'm thankful for many things this year. For once, I'm married to a wonderful woman. She's so beautiful and awesome. And she's a great woman of God too. Plus, she makes really amazing pies. Seriously, her pies are definitely a piece of the divine. If it wasn't because we go grocery shopping together, I would say that her ingredients fall down like manna from heaven.

The cool thing about this Thanksgiving is that my wife is going to experience a Cuban Thanksgiving. Or as we Cubans pronounce it, 'San Givi.' She will have turkey with rice and black beans. It will be pretty great. Of course, there will be salsa dancing, loud family members (99 percent of Cubans are loud) and my grandfather's old school Mexican songs. It really will be an unforgettable night.

So, from my family to yours, Jappy San Givi!!

No comments:

Post a Comment