Friday, March 25, 2011

Michael Scott on how to encourage employees

"If Dwight fails, then that is strike two, and good for me for, ah, for giving him a second chance. And if he succeeds, then, you know, no one will be prouder than I am. I groomed him. I made him what he is today. Unless he fails, and we've talked about that already." - Michael Scott
--

It's always good to give people second chances when they mess up. If they succeed, then you'll take the credit. You were the merciful one, you were their Mr. Myagi, their Yoda or more aptly put, their Michael Scott.

Of course, if your Dwight fails, then he's in trouble. That's strike two. You know, like that songs says, "Cause it's one, two...two strikes you're out..." You can't tolerate that kind of failure in your workplace. The only known remedy is to shun that person for three years. Ironically, I learned that from Dwight K. Schrute.

No comments:

Post a Comment