Saturday, April 30, 2011

Paris

I've always been in love with Paris. It's such a magical and enchanting city, or at least it's that way in my head, that I've often wanted to pack my bags and leave. I regret not going some years ago when I had the chance through college. Fortunately, my lovely wife has also a deep affection for the City of Light. Our dream is to go soon, and perhaps, one day live there for a while. Who knows?

Right now, I'm learning French. Through Podcast and books, I'm teaching myself French. So far so good. Of course, I'm only in the very beginning of my self-taught studies. I can greet you, ask how you are doing, and wish you a good day. Oh, I can also ask where you're from. It's a bit tricky, since the Podcast is completely separate from the lessons found in the book, so while I may know how to pronounce and ask certain things, I don't know how to spell them yet. Yet, being the key word.

I don't know why I love Paris so much. I think it has to do a lot because I'm a writer, because I have the soul of a poet, because I'm a romantic at the core. Recently, my wife and I discovered a lovely café in the middle of Coral Gables. We plan on going there once and a week. As I learn more French and feel more confident, I shall practice with the owners Torres Loïc et Dorothée, mes amis.

For now, in this random and personal blog, I may muse about my travels to this little part of France in the heart of Coral Gables.

Au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment